Video Bar

Loading...

Wednesday 24 February 2010

Tips for using the blog

I realise that many of you are not familiar with using the internet let alone a blog.  I am also a blog virgin so I thought I would pass on a couple of tips that will help you get the best out of the site.  Perhaps those of you who know more about the subject can pass on any tips and specific guidance via the comments on this post?

I have set the blog up so that anyone can view it but only registered users can comment.  That gives me control should any cranks show up as I will be able to disable their privileges.

If you read "Sushi & Notoplips" CHARLIE CHEEKY BUM story in the comments of yesterday's post you will know that there will be plenty of humour and banter to come with my mates.  Everyone, who is registered should feel free to use the comments I only ask that you consider where the line is in imparting information in a public forum (you will know that I have broad limits but others may be more sensitive).  Note that if you use an XML feed (such as atom) you may not see the comments.

If you register for the blog then you can do so privately if you wish.  I know that a number of you have done this and your details will not appear in the list of followers.

If you subscribe as a normal follower of the blog then you still have the ability to control the information that is displayed about you, but I will know that you are there.

I suggest that everyone uses a pseudonym rather than showing their real name.  Anonimity is best in cyberspace.

Of particular note, please don't use anyone's real name in your postings.

Happy posting and welcome to the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment