Video Bar

Loading...

Friday 26 February 2010

Rest and Recuperation

Charging up and down motorways going to rugby and football matches is probably not the ideal physical form of rest and recuperation, but this weekend will be a useful outlet.  There will be activities with all of my immediate family members and I will be stopping over tonight at my parents in South Wales.

There are a few topics that I want to write on next week as I feel that it is worth talking more about the levels of care that I am receiving and the selflessness of those around me.

The stage of the game that I am at currently is just a "phoney war" and the business end is yet to arrive, so everything is a little surreal, particularly as I look and seem reasonably healthy.

I also want to add a piece on clinical trials as, in this situation, there is a dilemma between whether you participate in an unproven treatment program or whether you go with the tried and tested.  It is important to realise that your treatment program has arisen from previous clinical trials but also that you have a duty to yourself and your family to minimise risks as much as possible.  I have been doing my homework and have also received some very helpful input from my GP on the current trial, so this is something for me to mull over.

Have a great weekend everyone.

2 comments:

  1. We looked into the clinical trials aspect but decided as like you Mick was diagnosed T3 N1 we went down the route of 3 rounds of chemo then the operation and then another 3 rounds of chemo. After the first set of 3 chemos he had another scan and the tumor had shrunk to T2 N0 which is really good.

    let me know what you decide and as previously mentioned if either you or your wife if she would like to talk to someone need to know anything please let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So the French have just beaten us Welsh dragons in the 6 nations match at The Millenium Stadium. A touch of retail therapy is desperately needed and on line, the stores never shut!
    Sorry Swordfish and Mrs bank manager - needs must!!!

    ReplyDelete