Video Bar

Loading...

Friday 19 February 2010

Friday - the day ahead

A busy day today.

First there is the PET scan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positron_emission_tomography in London (a short walk from Bond Street tube).  This starts at 8:15am and should last 3-4 hours.  The scan has been arranged in a private clinic because the Marsden facilities are fully booked.  It is good to feel that everything is moving as quickly as possible and that a lot of professionals are working together to give me the best possible outlook.

As work is relatively nearby, I will go there after the scan for a few hours work before heading to the Marsden to meet my Surgeon. My appointment is at 4pm but I have been advised that the clinic often runs late.  Waiting isn't a problem when you understand the effort that is being made on your behalf and also that other patients need the same levels of care that you want.

An MRI liver scan has been scheduled for next Wednesday at 8:40am at the Marsden.

Both my parents brought my daughter back from South Wales yesterday and endured a terrible journey.  They encountered everything from snow blizzards to a bomb squad presence on the Severn Bridge.  The two and a half to three hour journey took seven hours!

Anyway it was good to see them both and my wife and I both enjoy having our daughter back.  I am sure that the house will be much more "lively" now that both my daughter (8) and son (5) are both in situ.

My parents are returning today.  They are mindful of giving us "space" as a family whilst we come to terms with the situation and also get organised in the house.

I am disappointed that I will not be travelling to Wales this weekend to go to my cousin's wedding evening.  Apart from wanting to wish her the best, in person, it would have been good to have seen the family together.  However, the combination of my daughter having already been away for over a week and the amount we have to do here proved to be the overriding factor.

The only major issue for us now is to work out how to bring our children into this situation. We have not yet told them anything definite and have decided to use the support that is available through the hospital to discuss the issue and form an approach.  We both feel it extremely important that we make the best choices in how to nurse them through this, whilst also realising that children a very resilient.

No comments:

Post a Comment