Video Bar

Loading...

Tuesday 23 February 2010

Ramble On

Nothing much doing today, so I think it is time for an unadulterated ramble.

The only medical issue of note today was that I had a lung function test.  I haven't discussed the results yet but it did seem to confirm that they are functioning.  I was certainly able to breath (and am still doing so) but I did note that whilst some of the readings were looking good, one of the readings suggested that there may be some more discussion on the subject (i.e. I refer to the capacity / volume).  Along with the haemaglobin levels (already discussed) that might explain why my body felt like it was about to spontaneously combust when running two miles on the treadmill in December.

Since realising that I wasn't feeling too well I have made a number of changes.  Some of the changes weren't rationalised e.g. I haven't felt like drinking alcohol so I haven't drunk any.  Now that may seem like commonsense but please raise your hand if you have never drank for the sake of it.

Kitten is making sure that I am getting my fair sure of mainstream superfoods (e.g. blueberries, mackerel, honey) whilst other notables are offering wackier suggestions (e.g. Chlorella, Spirulina).  I can't say that green algae are the first item on my menu wish list but if it feels right then I am open to suggestions.

My commonsense list of dos and don'ts is simple
  • Do get lots of sleep
  • Do unclutter the house and get a space ready for rest and recuperation
  • Do eat well and lots (I have been told to get plenty of calories down by the professionals)
  • Don't get caught doing anything that I shouldn't do (or at least have a good excuse ready)
  • Do believe that I will make a full recovery
I am not about to start reading lots of motivational books but one that sprang to mind was the seven times winner of the Tour de France, Lance Armstrong's, tome on his recovery from testicular cancer.

Now, not only did Lance have tumourous testicles but he also had tumours in his brain.  Apart from admiring Lance's recovery from the brink to the pinnacle of athleticism it also occured to me that this might be proferred as conclusive proof that there is a direct link between mens' sexual organs and their brains.  A White House style red telephone link if you like.  I suggest that this offers men a bona fide excuse for many a seemingly irrational aberration.  I call Bill Clinton as my first witness. QED

Now back to listening to my CD of "Aum".

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you have listed all MY dos and don'ts regarding commonsense. You really should practice everything that I preach.

    The don't get caught thing - you always get caught, I'm always watching!!

    Love you more every day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quick note about swordfish which will make you all giggle.We were in magaluf one summer and it was about 12 at night and we were having a good night out when me and swordfish walked in to this nightclub.As we sat down and had a beer and a look around, to my delight the DJ was about to start a competition on the stage and was asking for any males to come up and shake there body,dance and get undressed down to there pants.This was called THE CHARLIE CHEEKY BUM competition. All the girls were sreaming for men to enter this show,so I started to work on swordfish in a way I knew I could get him up on that stage and believe he could win with ease.It took a few minutes but up he went behind the stage and after 5 minutes all the guys that entered came out from behind the curtain dressed in just tarzan pants.The cheer was very loud as they all stood there dancing and to say I was laughing would be a under statement,the swordfish was going for it in only away he would.This went on for a good hour and all the time the swordfish was looking like he wished he hadnt been talked in to this situation but it was to late now.He came 3rd I think but I dont think he was to upset as he just wanted to put his clothes on and come back to the boys .
    Thanks for that moment swordfish and as you know I like to tell everyone about that night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that Sushi & Notoplip. I had a good belly laugh. I know you have many stories that you may wish to share over a period of time.

    Pray, allow me to retort...

    What about the same holiday in Magaluf when, after a hard night out, you decided it would be a good idea to swim out to a boat that was moored off-shore.

    Not content with exhibiting your tequila drinking prowess this was your final act of bravado before retiring for a good morning's sleep.

    You got you assurances from me that I would keep an eye on you and wouldn't fall asleep.

    The funny thing is though that those boats look very close when you are on land but when you start swimming with half of the Mexican production line of Tequila inside you they don't get any closer, do they?

    Then the cramp sets in and you start to wonder whether you will make it. But you do.

    Eventually you haul yourself onto the boat no caring whether there is any one on it and you take a breather before realising that you have to swim back too!

    The least your mate can do is stay awake to watch your struggle, but no he's taken in the rays and is now giving it the zzzs.

    I still haven't thanked you for waking me up that morning. I could have got sunstroke.

    A fine holiday indeed.

    For the benefit of the younger viewers, we could go on like this for weeks but I suppose that Notoplip and I will have to define the areas of respectablity off line

    ReplyDelete