Video Bar

Loading...

Wednesday 9 March 2011

The Day That Was

Monday 7th March 2011

A very dear friend left a message on facebook saying

'We all came to see you today old friend,you must have been blown away! For we gathered in our hundreds, on this saddest of days, to pay our immense respect,to say our goodbye and although you have gone old friend,the memories will never die. xxx'

I could not have said it any better myself.

There were beautiful words spoken with dignity by family and friends, poetry written by Swordfish many years ago, read out by those very close - even Boogle Bunny managed to read in front of so many. Hufty's loving words were read by Teach.

Thank you all.

I keep trying to write words to express my feelings but I am not able to put them into any form.

All I can say is that the love was there for all to see and the sun shone beautifully all day.

I will miss you forever my darling husband and best friend. xxx

4 comments:

  1. It was a very emotional day as expected but it was great to see such a great turnout for the littleman.I spoke from my heart and I felt him there all day.Everyone was amazed how brave you were and you done him very proud indeed,see you soon/notoplip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kitten
    Some time ago I was thinking about my sister and how much I missed her. I remembered reading somewhere that if you find a feather it means that you have had a visit.
    We have a beautiful very old cherry tree in our front garden and I was looking at it and willing her to leave me a feather (I thought she could at least do that!!)
    Next morning the cat had obviously killed a pigeon under the tree and there were feathers EVERYWHERE!!! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry but the funny thing is that since then most days there is just one white feather under the tree and there never was before.
    I think she could be laughing at me.
    Kitten you will see your beloved Swordfish again and sometime when you least expect it you will get a "message" that maybe only you will understand.
    He is still loving you
    Best wishes
    Changeling x

    ReplyDelete
  3. May God bless you Kitten and your children x
    Jaytour

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do pray that God will be especially close to you Kitten, the children, Rumps' parents, family and friends.
    The dear man will never be far from you and you
    will meet again.

    God bless you all
    MA

    ReplyDelete